Baptism & Membership
Baptism is a key part of walking with God and is a central aspect of being a Christian, a Christ-follower. Baptism doesn’t make you a Christian. It declares that you ARE a Christian and is an outward symbol of an inward commitment. Jesus came to bring us salvation, freedom, life, purpose, peace – all of these are awesome things! And, He also came to leave us with an example – how to live and how to walk with the Father. Baptism is a part of this!
Membership: The 6 Requirements for Membership at Southland:
1. Salvation – prospective members must profess Jesus Christ to be Lord of their life.
2. Baptism – prospective members must have been baptized.
3. Southland 101 – prospective members must have completed the Southland 101 Class. (The next 101 class: April 6,13,20 & 27 Click here to sign up!) 4. Attendance at Southland for 1 year – prospective members must attend Southland for one year before they can be eligible for membership.
5. Attend an Encounter Retreat – prospective members must have attended an Encounter Retreat before they can be eligible for membership.
6. Covenant – prospective members must sign the Southland Membership Covenant and be in agreement with our Statement of Beliefs and Practices.